Tuesday 4 December 2012

The Metaphorical Boat's Top Songs of 2012 - 50-46

As we're reaching the end of the year, it's a good time as ever to reflect back on the wonderful music that has came into my life over the past 12 months. As such, like every good music blogger, over the next few days I will be running through the fifty songs that I enjoyed the most this year. Some of these are songs that have featured on the blog at some point or another. Some of the songs might be surprising inclusions, but I feel that they will be the tunes that I will remember the most fondly when I look back at 2012.

And in the words of that immortal philosopher Julie Andrews, let's start at the very beginning. The first 5 tunes in the top 50 include a buzz band, the first Northern Irish artist in the countdown, and a song sung entirely in Japanese:

50. Spector - Celestine


49. Diiv - Doused



48. A Plastic Rose - Build From the Ground Up



47. nano.RIPE - Real World



46. The Diamond Noise - Never Say Never Say Never



No comments:

Post a Comment